Sandpiper Bay Homeowners Association, Inc.

(Fictitious Name: Sandpiper Bay Community)

 

Board/Member Meeting Agenda

 

Date:               4/19/2021
Time:               7pm

Location:         Zoom

 

Agenda:

  1. Business meeting called to order at 7:05 pm.

 

President’s Comments:

    • We hope this is the last Zoom meeting. Next month we hope to have an in-person meeting at either the Botanical Gardens or the Saints Pub. We would like to invite other HOAs to attend. Speaker will be Kelly Boatwright to speak on changes to Wilderness Park.
    • The Saints Pub is still without a liquor license and so is still closed.
    • A complaint was lodged regarding homeless people using our SBC park for a restroom. Barry investigated.
    • A plaque was found and was placed on the park’s sign.
    • Signs about meetings placed on public property are still not allowed. Barry and Phil to take pictures of signs on public property and make a presentation to city council.

 

No speaker this month.

 

  1. Establish A Quorum (Secretary)

Present: Mr. Lee, Mrs. Lee, Mr. Millevolte, Mrs. Hitchcock, Mr. Hammer, Ms. Dunkel, Absent: Mr. Billitti, Ms. Suter

 

  1. Secretary’s Report (President)

Correction to be made: Joycelyn Tenboer (last month’s speaker) works for the St. Lucie County Public Library – not City of Port St Lucie’s Public Library.

Motion to approve the minutes as corrected: Mrs. Hitchcock

First:                Mr. Millevolte

Second:           Mrs. Lee

Vote in favor:  All

 

  1. Approve Treasurer Report (Treasurer)

Reporting Period:  3/1/2021-3/31/2021 – See Attachment A

Motion to approve Treasurer’s Report – Mrs. Hitchcock

First:                Ms. Dunkle

Second:           Mr. Millevolte

Vote in favor:  All

 

  1. Committee Reports:
  2. Events/Social (Mr. Lee)

Still looking for chairperson to coordinate events and volunteers.

SBC will be allowed one (1) night a month for activities at the Saints Pub when opened.

 

  1. Ethics (Mr. Bradley)

No activity.

 

  1. Adopt A Street/Adopt A Park (Mr. Mazjanis/Mr. Lee)

March, 2021 – 10 miles/14 5-gallon bags/10 hours

Volunteers: Ivars Mazjanis John Hitchcock, Patrick & Anna Carney, Bob Wade, Doug Mouch

 

 

  1. Civic Affairs (Mr. Millevolte/Mr. Hammer)

See Attachment B

 

  1. Community Patrol (Mr. Bradley)

Brand new car still in garage.

Have not gotten permission from the City to restart the program yet.

When it is reactivated, all volunteers must complete a refresher course.

 

  1. Guest Speakers (Mrs. Hitchcock)

May – Kelly Boatwright, Project Manager • Parks & Recreation Department to speak about the Wilderness Park project.

 

  1. Marketing (Mr. Billitti)

No report.

 

  1. Member Communications (Mr. Lee)

If anyone has any message that should be broadcast to the community members, please let Barry know to create an email blast.

 

  1. Press Relations (Mr. Lee)

No activity.

 

  1. Rules (Mr. Millevolte)

No activity.

 

  1. Social Media (Mrs. Hammer/Mrs. Black)

Mrs. Black can no longer help with Nextdoor so we are looking for someone to help with that.

Mrs. Hammer will be promoting our in-person meeting in May on Facebook.

 

  1. Technology (Ms. Pikulski)

No report

 

  1. Welcome committee (Ms. Dunkel)

Continues delivering plants. The Botanical Gardens is out of shrubs. New members are appreciative.

 

  1. Member renewal (Mr. Quaile)

Have been calling previous members regarding membership renewals

Contacting new residents and encouraging memberships.

Other HOA members are requesting that we do more social events.

 

  1. Code compliance (Mr. Armstrong/Mr. Lee)

For the month of March, Code has opened 17 cases, closed 29 cases, and issued 6 parking warnings.

As spring has begun, we have focused our attention on properties with excessive overgrowth and high grass. Our aim is to seek compliance prior to rainy season so we can limit any major issues down the road. Also, looking ahead, hurricane season is less than two months away. Staff will be addressing all properties with open storage and property maintenance issues. Our goal is to be as proactive as possible, using these two months to educate residents on the possible life-safety issue open storage poses during a named storm event.

Club Med: I have no new information regarding the golf course at this time.

 

  1. Old Business

None

 

  1. New Business

None

 

  1. Motion to Adjourn at 8:05 pm – Mrs. Hitchcock

First:                Ms. Dunkle

Second:           Mrs. Lee          Vote in favor:  All

ATTACHMENT A

Treasurer’s Report

 

Reporting Period: 3/1/2021-3/31/2021

 

TD Bank Money Market Fund Activity:

Increased to $21,766.23 due to $1.85 bank interest.

 

TD Bank Checking Account Activity:

 

Decreased $79.58 to $5,341.76 due to the following transaction:

 

Total Deposits of $490.00

            Membership:                                       $    490.00

 

 

Total Expenses of $704.30

Internet Services:                                $   139.00

Telephone:                                           $      28.71

Discount fee:                                       $        6.60

Insurance:                                            $    510.00

Marketing:                                           $      19.99

 

ATTACHMENT B

Civic Affairs Committee Report

March, 2021

The big news is that the city is proposing to improve our Wilderness Park. This will be the first step and viewed as a model effort to embrace the city’s strategic goal to provide more bicycle paths. Plans call for 40 miles of multipath sidewalk throughout the whole city. Their plan is for a trail head at the planned Port District, near the Botanical Gardens, and a multi trail loop through the Wilderness Park along with numerous other improvements to the park. They believe the plans appropriately accounts for the passive nature of the park and will be a big asset to Sandpiper Bay residents.

You will get a chance to hear about these plans at our next meeting, May 17th.  Hopefully, this will be an in-person meeting allowing you to voice your opinion on the various options in the plan.

 

Last month we reported on the open status of five action Items. This month we received a letter from the city Manager, Russ Blackburn with their resolution on those items, some of which were over a year old.

  1. Our request to signage on city right of way was denied based on interpretation of city code and we were encouraged to work with private property owners to utilize private property for any desired community signage.
  2. Our request to change the name “Sandpiper Bay Homeowners Association Park” to our new name “Sandpiper Bay Community Park” was also denied. This was based on the city’s desire to achieve national accreditation which requires standardized naming conventions. This park is classified as a Neighborhood Park, not a Community Park. The city proposes to rename the park as “Sandpiper Bay Neighborhood Park”. We think this is an affront to the 30 years contribution by our organization when the park was dedicated in 1998, and the 22 years since. Alternative recognition will be sought.
  3. Our Westmoreland Traffic Calming project, initiated by us in April 2019, was completed and recently evaluated and a memo sent to City Council on March 12 confirming its success.

 

WESTMORELAND TRAFFIC STUDIE COMPARISONS

85 percentile speed studies

LOCATION JANUARY 2021 SEPTEMBER 2019 DIFFERENCE
Bakersfield 35 37 -2
Italy 34 39 -5
Santa Anna 36 38 -2
Anchorage 38 39 -1
       
Average 35.75 38.25 2.5

The Approach to Westmoreland from the PSL Blvd area remains the largest problem. Our recommendation to improve this area has been deferred by public works until the next Westmoreland traffic study, which is not yet scheduled.

  1. Our request to beautify the utility boxes in Sandpiper Bay is being honored. Landscaping around the ATT boxes will be completed by this June or July. No word yet on the FPL boxes.
  2. Our request to place a donated park bench in the sandpiper Bay Homeowners Park has been Granted.

 

 

 

Sandpiper Bay Homeowners Association, Inc.

(Fictitious Name: Sandpiper Bay Community)

 

Board/Member Meeting Minutes

 

Date:               5/17/2021
Time:               7pm

Location:         Botanical Gardens

 

Agenda:

 

President’s Comments:

 

On behalf of Sandpiper Bay Community, we would like to thank all of you for

joining us for a special presentation about the future of the Wilderness Park.

 

Normally we have our guest speaker first and have our monthly Board meeting

after.  Because we will have a longer Q&A after our guest, we will have a short

Board meeting first this evening.

 

As most of you, if not all, know that we are having increasing problems with

Coyotes in all of Sandpiper Bay.  Florida Fish and Wildlife contacted me about the

issue.  There have been at least 2 dogs fatally attacked in the past month as well

as many cats.  They have offered to have a Team presentation Tuesday June 1st

evening at 7:00.  I will send an invite this weekend to all SBC members. For those

of you who are not members please put an * beside your name on the sheet on

which you signed in and I will send you information as well.

 

Now we will get our Board meeting started.  Our Secretary, Connie Hitchcock, had

a shoulder operation.  She is with us via Zoom, so I will establish a quorum.

 

  1. Business meeting called to order at 7:06 pm.

 

  1. Establish A Quorum (President)

Present: Mr. Lee, Mrs. Lee, Mr. Millevolte, Mrs. Hitchcock, Mr. Hammer, Ms. Dunkel, Mr. Billitti

Absent: Ms. Suter

 

  1. Secretary’s Report (President)

Motion to approve the minutes as corrected: Mrs. Hitchcock

First:                Ms. Dunkel

Second:            Mr. Hammer

Vote in favor:  All

 

  1. Approve Treasurer Report (Treasurer)

Reporting Period:  4/1/2021-4/30/2021 – See Attachment A

Motion to approve Treasurer’s Report – Mr. Lee

First:                Ms. Dunkel

Second:            Mr. Hammer

Vote in favor:  All

 

  1. Committee Reports:
  2. Events/Social (Mr. Lee/ Ms. Dunkel)

Have started to plan for BBQ this fall. Free to members. Small charge for non-members to be applied to membership if requested.

 

  1. Ethics (Mr. Bradley)

No activity.

 

  1. Adopt A Street/Adopt A Park (Mr. Mazjanis)

Still have streets available that need volunteers.

April 2021 – 10 miles/85 gallons/12 hours

2021 total so far:  97 miles covered/325 gallons picked up/54 Hours

volunteered

Volunteers: Ivars Mazjanis John Hitchcock, Patrick & Anna Carney, Bob Wade, Doug Mouch

 

  1. Civic Affairs (Mr. Millevolte/Mr. Hammer)

See Attachment B

 

  1. Community Patrol (Mr. Bradley)

Brand new car still in garage.

Will be restarting soon.

When it is reactivated, all volunteers must complete a refresher course.

Will need more volunteers.

 

  1. Guest Speakers (Mrs. Hitchcock)

September: Richard Del Toro – Assistant Chief of Police

October: Marty Jacobson – Senior vs. Crime

 

  1. Marketing (Mr. Billitti)

More coupons have been added to new homeowner’s packets

 

  1. Member Communications (Mr. Lee)

If anyone has any message that should be broadcast to the community members, please let Barry know to create an email blast.

 

  1. Press Relations (Mr. Lee)

No activity.

 

  1. Rules (Mr. Millevolte)

No activity.

 

  1. Social Media (Mrs. Hammer/Mrs. Black)

Members in Face Book & Next Door have been growing. Karen Williams has offered to help with postings on Next Door.

 

  1. Technology (Ms. Pikulski)

No report

 

  1. Welcome committee (Ms. Dunkel)

Continues delivering plants. The Botanical Gardens is out of shrubs. New members are appreciative.

 

  1. Member renewal (Mr. Quaile)

Membership is growing, including those in other HOAs in Sandpiper.

 

  1. Code compliance (Mr. Armstrong/Mr. Lee)

For the month of April, Code has opened 21 cases, closed 16 cases, and issued 3 parking warnings.

 

Specialist Nicholas Fisher, who has been the assigned to the Sandpiper Bay Community for the past 18 months, was recently accepted to the Police Academy. As such, he has stepped down from his position in Code. On behalf of Code, I would like to thank Nick for all of the work he has done maintaining community standards as well as the professional manner with which he has carried himself. We wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors.

 

I would like to take this opportunity to introduce Code Specialist Jordan Subryan, who will be taking over the Sandpiper Bay Community. Specialist Subryan and I will formulate a plan to ensure all of Sandpiper Bay is thoroughly swept prior to the start of summer. Our goal is to address all high grass, open storage, inoperative vehicles, exterior structure in need of maintenance, accessory structures in need of maintenance, and parking violations.

Club Med: I have no new information at this time.

  1. Old Business

None

 

  1. New Business

A member stated he couldn’t find the reports on the website. Mr. Lee assured him the information was there.

 

  1. Motion to Adjourn at 7:35 pm – Mr. Lee

First:                Mr. Millevolte

Second:            Mrs. Lee

Vote in favor:  All

 

Guest Speaker: Kelly Boatwright, Project Manager • City of Port St. Lucie, Parks & Recreation Department – to speak about the Wilderness Park project.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

ATTACHMENT “A”

Treasurer’s Report

 

Reporting Period: 4/1/2021-4/30/2021

 

TD Bank Money Market Fund Activity:

Increased to $21,768.02 due to $1.79 bank interest.

 

TD Bank Checking Account Activity:

 

Increased $616.82 to $5,958.58 due to the following transaction:

 

Total Deposits of $490.00

            Membership:                                      $    315.00

Marketing:                                          $    500.00

 

Total Expenses of $704.30

Internet Services:                                $   139.00

Telephone:                                          $      19.11

Discount fee:                                       $      20.08

Marketing:                                          $      19.99

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

ATTACHMENT “B”

Civic Affairs Committee Report

April, 2021

1.Westmoreland traffic calming, evaluation was completed. Speeds between Morningside and Bakersfield were reduced from 38 to 35 mph.  Speed reduction around the Anchorage, not so much, just one mph.

  1. The donation of Park Benches (per the request of one of our members) has been approved, details are still being worked out with Brad Keen, Assistant Director of Parks and Recreation.
  2. Our Neighborhood Park Planning Process has been jump started. The development of our two Neighborhood Parks, the Wilderness, and the Sandpiper Bay Homeowners Association Park, have been dormant for the last 20 years. Planning for the Wilderness Park was difficult because when it was acquired the residents insisted it be a PASSIVE park to avoid the traffic of a city destination.

Things change, the city has grown, our demographics are changing (more families) and today the city has planned a premier destination park remarkably close, called the Port District near the Botanical Gardens. In addition, in response to a city-wide survey, the city has prioritized an Active Travel Network Plan which includes Multi Use Pathways to accommodate bike traffic throughout the city. As a result of these prioritized efforts, funding is likely to be available to improve the Wilderness Park as part of the Bike Trail Network.

We are fortunate tonight to have the Project Manager, Kelly Boatwright and assistant Parks Director, Brad Keen to explain how all this fits together and give us all a chance to evaluate what is appropriate for Sandpiper Bay’s “Passive” Wilderness Park.

 

 


Sandpiper Bay Community

Executive Board Workshop

April 14, 2021  4:00 pm

Barry Lee’s house

 

 

Attending: Barry Lee, Sandy Lee, Phil Millevolte, Connie Hitchcock, Kathy Dunkel, Bev Suter

Absent: Dan Hammer, Mr. Billitti

Guests:   Frank Quaile, Sandy Pulaski

 

Zoom meeting again in April with no speaker. Short and sweet.

Dan had proposed starting the meetings at 6 pm. Consensus of board members voted to keep at 7pm.

Plan in-person meeting in May (last meeting before summer break)

Will be asking other communities is Sandpiper Bay to attend.

Maybe at Botanical Gardens or Saints Pub

Kelley Boatwright to speak about plans for Wilderness Park.

Saints Golf Course to provide coupon for new home owners. Same with Saints Pub.

Barry spoke with Joleen Carabella for several hours about concerns/ideas for SBC.

Barry found a plaque in SB park.

Barry spoke with Brad Keen about a Memorial Bench in SB park. He got approval for the bench on 4/13th.

Both Joleen and Brad encouraged SBC to present proposals for our plans for SBC to the city.

Phil got a letter from the city denying many of our requests:

  1. Radar signs will not be moved.
  2. No leasing of land for signs for SBC (Joleen suggested to complete a presentation to the city council.) (Phil and Barry will be taking pictures of signs on public property.)
  3. No wrapping of utility boxes but will be cleaning them and adding shrubbery.

Nextdoor: SBC has over 100 members on Nextdoor. Julie can’t help with it anymore. Barry is seeking someone to help.

Barry still looking for an “Events” person to let the “world know of an event” and to plan and coordinate volunteers.

Still need a chair for volunteers – Beth will do.

She will send Barry a note about adding to new members on enrollment form about area of interests/games/etc.

A member complained that he was not seeing the Treasurer’s report. Posted on SBC website.

Sandy to provide a synopsis of any difference in current and previous month’s reports.

Barry will send the code compliance and adopt-a-street reports to Connie to include in meeting minutes.

For new residents: have volunteers knock on doors (September?) to welcome to neighborhood and invite to picnic/BBQ in October. Kathy and Connie will assist with planning of picnic/BBQ.

Need team leaders to coordinate knocking on doors.

Barry needs ideas for email blasts.

Board/Member Meeting Minutes

Date: 3/15/2021
Time: 7pm
Location: Zoom

Agenda:

President’s Comments:
I would like to thank all of you for joining us this evening. We are still just using Zoom for our meetings but, when I sent out a reminder this morning, I asked for a reply as to who has received the Covid-19 vaccine. If we get enough yes answers we can go back to meetings at the Botanical Gardens. By a show of hands, how many of you would come to an “in-person” meeting? How many would still prefer Zoom? We got 22 replies back from the email and 16 said they would like to go back to live meetings.

Here is an update on the restaurant at the Saints Golf Course. As I told you last month the name will be “The Saints Pub – Where Saints go to be Sinners”. I met with the new tenant last week and we discussed how Sandpiper Bay Community and they can work together for the benefit of both parties. They are ready to open but can’t until they receive their liquor license. The window for golfers is open with a catering trailer selling liquor. As of March 23rd, they still don’t have their liquor license

Introduction of speaker: (President)
Joycelyn Tenboer
Technical Assistant
City of Port St. Lucie’s Public LIbrary
Topic: What the library has to offer our community
Can be contacted at 772-337-5636

Josie – thank you very much for a very informative talk and we look forward to meeting you at one of our in-person meetings.

1. Business meeting called to order at 7:38 pm

2. Establish A Quorum (Secretary)
Present: Mr. Lee, Mrs. Lee, Mr. Millevolte, Mrs. Hitchcock, Mr. Hammer, Ms. Dunkel, Mr. Billitti,
Absent: Ms. Suter

3. Secretary’s Report (President)
Motion to approve Minutes of February 15, 2021 Board Meeting.
First: Ms. Dunkle
Second: Mrs. Lee
Vote in favor: All

4. Treasurer Report (Treasurer)
Reporting Period: 2/1/2021-2/28/2021 – See Attachment A
Motion to approve February report:
First: Mr. Millevolte
Second: Ms. Dunkle
Vote in favor: All

5. Committee Reports:
a. Events/Social (Mr. Lee)
Still looking for a chairperson – we have lots of volunteers
Looking at a BBQ this fall/maybe October
New Saints Pub has agreed to a SBC night:
Dinner 5-7pm
Games 7-9pm
Will make the first night a “Big” event

b. Ethics (Mr. Bradley)
No activity.

c. Adopt A Street/Adopt A Park (Mr. Mazjanis/Mr. Lee)
1. January, 2021
10 miles/ 13 five gal bags/ 8 hours
2. Volunteers: Ivars Mazjanis John Hitchcock, Patric & Anna Carney, Bob Wade, Doug Mouch
3. The city has approved additional streets for us to adopt. SBC needs more volunteers. Only one day/month is required. Can help when taking your daily walk with the dog, etc.

d. Civic Affairs (Mr. Millevolte/Mr. Hammer)
See Attachment B

e. Community Patrol (Mr. Bradley)
1. The police department (PD) continues to focus on traffic related issues. The City recently completed a follow-up speed study, which was provided to Phil for his review. The PD plans on spreading out enforcement throughout the Westmoreland area instead the usual Anchorage Condo location.
2. The PD recently had a meeting with the church located at Westmoreland and Morningside regarding the traffic back-ups caused by the food distribution. The PD have worked with management to come up with a new car line design which we hope alleviates the traffic issues.
3. Status quo on the Community Patrol.

f. Guest Speakers (Mrs. Hitchcock)
Working on April’s speaker, depending if we have a Zoom meeting or in-person meeting.

g. Marketing (Mr. Billitti)
Has worked through the list of past sponsors and will be looking for new ones.

h. Member Communications (Mr. Lee)
Let the President know if anything is needed.

i. Press Relations (Mr. Lee)
a. Still looking for a Chairperson.
b. A recent survey showed that 75% of our homeowners did not know we have a civic association.

j. Rules (Mr. Millevolte)
No activity

k. Social Media (Mrs. Hammer/Mrs. Black)
Let Mrs. Hammer know of anything that would/should be posted on Facebook.

l. Technology (Ms. Pikulski)
Will prepare an email blast as to what members would like from the SBC committee.

m. Welcome committee (Ms. Dunkel)
Continuing to distribute plants from the Botanical Gardens to new homeowners.

n. Member renewal (Mr. Quaile)
1. Continues to work on new homeowners list
2. Thanks to volunteers: Dan, Richard, Mary.
3. Ms. Suter has expressed interest in helping with phone calls.

o. Code Compliance (Mr. Lee)
1. 19 Code cases were opened, 15 were closed, 4 parking warnings were issued, and one vehicle was red tagged to be towed.

2. Code continues its sweep of the community. Our focus shifting from storm shutters, which many have been brought into compliance, to property maintenance violations. Specialist Fisher has done a great job addressing high grass and weeds, open storage, accessory structures in need of maintenance, exterior in need of maintenance, and parking violations. All arterial roadways have been swept and we are now focusing on all auxiliary roadways to ensure compliance is achieved throughout the community.

3. Club Med Update: As you are aware, Club Med has sent a memo to the Mayor’s office stating it is their intention to reopen the golf course on July 1st. Staff has met with the Club Med general manager twice in February to show them specific areas that require maintenance. Hopefully in the coming months, the course returns to its previous maintained state and all concerns are addressed.
.

6. Old Business
No activity

7. New Business
1. New emergency traffic light at Port St. Lucie Blvd and Delano

8. Motion to Adjourn at 8:36pm:
First: Mrs. Lee
Second : Mr. Hammer
Vote in favor: All

Sandpiper Bay Homeowners Association, Inc.
(Fictitious Name: Sandpiper Bay Community)

Board/Member Meeting Minutes

Date: 2/15/2021
Time: 7pm
Location: Zoom

Agenda:

President’s Comments:

Introduction of speaker: (President)
Jennifer Davis
City of Port St. Lucie’s Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) Project Manager
Along with Dr. David Barth
Topic: The PORT District

We thank Jennifer Davis very much for telling us about “The Port District” that will be right in Sandpiper Bay. She has forwarded a PDF file of the slides she presented to illustrate the area. You can see the slides by clicking on the attachment on our website.

Board Meeting:

1. Business meeting called to order at 7:42 pm (President)

2. Establish A Quorum (Secretary)
Present: Mr. Lee, Mrs. Lee, Mr. Millevolte, Mrs. Hitchcock, Mr. Hammer, Ms. Dunkel, Mr. Billitti.
Absent: Ms. Suter

3. Secretary’s Report (President)

a. Motion to approve Minutes of January 18, 2021 Board Meeting.
First: Ms. Dunkel
Second: Mr. Millevolte
Vote in favor: All

4. Treasurer Report (Treasurer)

a. Please see Attachment A

b. Motion to approve Treasurer Report (President)
First: Mrs. Lee
Second: Ms. Dunkel
Vote in favor: All

5. Committee Reports:
a. Events/Social (Mr. Lee)
1. We have quite a few people who have volunteered to work on social events but we need a person(s) to coordinate the program. We have some exciting events coming up this year and need a person as soon as possible. Please contact president@sandpiperbaycommunity.org
2. The lease for the restaurant at the Saints golf course has now been signed and we are working closely with the new tenant to once again have a Sandpiper Bay night at least once a month to start. More to come on this shortly. The new name will be The Saints Pub-“Where Saints go to be Sinners!”. They plan to start opening around March 1st.

b. Ethics (Mr. Bradley/Mr. Lee)
No activity

c. Adopt A Street/Adopt A Park (Mr. Mazjanis/Mr. Lee)
1. January, 2021
10 miles/ 21 five gal bags/ 24 hours
2. Volunteers: Ivars Mazjanis John Hitchcock, Patrick & Anna Carney, Bob Wade, Doug Mouch
3. Special thank you to Patrick and Anna for picking up 20 gallons of trash outside of our assigned area in their walk.
4. The city has approved additional streets for us to adopt. SBC needs more volunteers. Only one day/month is required.

d. Civic Affairs (Mr. Millevolte/Mr. Hammer)
Please see Attachment B

e. Community Patrol (Mr. Bradley/Mr. Lee)
1. New car has been assigned to SBC
2. PSL police department would like all the previous volunteers to take a refresher course regarding the community patrol prior to restarting.
3. SBC has not restarted the patrol due to COVID-19 concerns.

f. Guest Speakers (Mrs. Hitchcock)
Working on next month’s speaker.

g. Marketing (Mr. Billitti)
We are off and running with our local marketing campaign. We are currently seeking volunteers to help locate new sponsors, and work with our incredible existing sponsors. We are looking to support our local neighbors and businesses. Here is your chance to give back locally, as well as an opportunity to make a difference in our community. Thank you for helping to grow and enhance our local Sandpiper Bay community. Email Matthew at marketing@sandpiperbaycommunity.org for interest.

h. Member Communications (Mr. Lee)
Continuing to keep the membership informed of local and community issues.

i. Press Relations (Mr. Lee)
No activity

j. Rules (Mr. Millevolte)
No activity.

k. Social Media (Mrs. Hammer/Mrs. Black)
Updates to Facebook and Nextdoor Neighbor continue.
Additional help with Nextdoor Neighbor would be appreciated.

l. Technology (Ms. Pikulski)
I am working with Jennifer from ClearSEM Solutions to launch a new and improved members portal on the website. It will be more functional for our members. I’ve done one test import and waiting on Jennifer for additional parts to be completed.

m. Welcome committee (Ms. Dunkel)
Have handed out plants to new homeowners in SBC.

n. Member renewal (Mr. Quaile)
1. New Members List Updated Through 12/31/20
2. Working on Non-paid Members to renew their memberships

o. Code Compliance (Mr. Armstrong)
1. Report for the month of January,
a. Code has opened 17 cases, closed 36 cases, and issued one parking warning.
b. Code has been successful in achieving compliance with regards to storm shutter violations. We greatly appreciate the quick response to this life-safety matter and thank all members of your community for their action. While Code will continue to address any storm shutters still in violation, our focus will shift to property maintenance violations.
c. Specialist Fisher continues to thoroughly sweep the community, addressing the following violations; high grass and weeds, open storage, exterior in need of maintenance, accessory structures in need of maintenance, and parking violations. As always, our goal is to provide education to residents in violation and work with them in timely fashion to bring their property into compliance.
2. Club Med: We have no new update to provide. If anything changes, I will contact you immediately.

6. Old Business

7. New Business

8. Motion to Adjourn at 8:34 pm (President)
First: Mr. Millevolte
Second: Mr. Billitti
Vote in favor: All


ATTACHMENT A:
Treasurer’s Report

Reporting Period: 1/1/2021-1/31/2021

TD Bank Money Market Fund Activity:
Increased by $2001.97 to $31,762.71 due to the following transactions:
Transfer from checking: $ 2,000.00
Bank interest: $ 1.97

TD Bank Checking Account Activity:

Decreased $2,533.73 to $5,325.17 due to the following transaction:

Total Deposits of $6,295.00
Membership: $ 5,945.00
Marketing: $ 320.00 Transferred from 2020

Total Expenses of $4,363.93
Internet Services: $ 139.00
Telephone: $ 19.15
Discount fee: $ 21.12
Meeting Space: $ 352.42 Tsfr. from 2020 & Zoom
Marketing: $ 131.99
Storage: $ 119.88 Drop Box
Taxes/Fees: $ 61.25 FL Dept. State
Insurance: $ 1,218.00 Officers & Directors
Bank charges: $ 70.00 Safe Deposit box
Mailbox Rental: $ 231.12
Transfer to savings: $ 2,000.00


ATTACHMENT B:

Civic Committee Report
January 2021

SBC Civic Committee objective is to enhance the Quality of Life and Home Values in Sandpiper Bay. The city agrees that it essential that these 60-year-old portions of the city be upgraded for the future success of the city, especially when compared to the newer master-planned communities in the city.
The city developed an award-winning program, NICE (Neighborhood Improvement and Community Engagement) to meet these goals. SBC and PSL Neighborhood Services recently agreed to meet monthly to develop a Neighborhood Action Plan and discuss ways to streamline our specific requests to the city through the NICE program. The city considers SBC to be a model organization which they would like to duplicate in the other 34 neighborhood civic associations.
Current action status:
1. Lease land from the city to allow us to communicate better with all Sandpiper Bay residents.
2. Finalize SE Westmoreland traffic calming efforts and evaluate results.
3. Rename the “Sandpiper Bay Homeowners Park” sign to Sandpiper Bay Community Park” to reflect our current name.
Plans:
1. Advise city officials if potential support exists to acquire the Club Med golf area if that situation ever presents itself. It is difficult for to find park area of that size in the Eastern side of the city.
2. Continue to work with the city to develop a Neighborhood Action Plan to prioritize upgrades that meet the future vision of the city based on forecasted changes in demographics and needs.